Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Back Full Force

For the past week the attacks have been coming back. They are exactly like the ones I had last winter. Awhile back, Dr B said I could up my dosages depending on the pain. Well depending on the pain, I have upped them anywhere to one extra dose a day to three extra doses; mostly taking those extra doses during attacks. I'm not sure if it's helping much or if I need to give my body more time to adjust to them. The attacks take up at least half of my waking hours right now. And when I am not in pain, the side effects are horrendous. I feel drunk, dizzing, and extremely exhausted. I just got through a 30 min attack after lightly brushing my teeth. Eating is a trigger too.

I knew they were on their way back in when I took a drink of juice last week. I had tons of pain in my top row of teeth. It went away quickly but I knew the worst was on it's way. Here I am today, feeling drunk and disoriented. I can barely function. I have probably taken more meds than I should but the pain is intolerable. Right now I choose drunk over suicidal but I am sure there has to be a better way to handle this pain. Either the meds need changing or adjusted or the TN is just out of remission.

A call to Dr B will be taking place after their lunch hour ends in five minutes

No comments: