Monday, November 24, 2008

The Green Tea Debate

So I did my own little Green Tea experiment. Of course, I'm not talking about the good for you, cup of hot green tea. I was addicted to Arizona Green Tea. Yum Yum.

On Sunday, Dan and I moved. That night I had a killer headache. I had ingested about half a gallon of tea over the course of the day so I think that, and the massive amounts of hydrocodone cause a migraine. I also had many many facial nerve pain episodes that day (hence the hydros). The migraine lasted through the night (only on the right side of my head too, the same side as the nerve pain) until my mom coaxed me into taking 2 Excedrin Migraine tablets.

The rest of the day I didn't drink any green tea (mostly in part because I didn't have any left), however, that night I picked some up and drank it an hour or two before bed. The pain started within 30 minutes.

Today, I haven't had any green tea and I haven't had any major pain in my face. I am going to have to rule in favor of the article (somewhere on the net) that claims Green Tea can trigger attacks.

No comments: