Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some Concerns

First and foremost, babies. The drugs I am taking cannot be taken while pregnant. While I am not planning on being pregnant soon (since I just had a baby) I do want to have more child(ren?) and our plans are sometime in the next 2 or 3 years. What am I going to do then? Is there an alternative? I refuse to believe my childbearing years are over. I've also read that some drugs decrease fertility, is that true about Gabapentin or Carbamazepine?

Secondly, other pain: Ever since the doctor did the root canal again and hit the nerve, shooting pain into my ear, I have had throat pain and ear pain with the facial pain attacks. The throat pain feels like my throat is closing (but only on one side) and my ear feels like a severe ear infection. I have to put an ice cube in my ear to numb it. I do not have an ear infection or strep throat. I told the neurologist about the pains and he asked if I had trouble swallowing (nope, I don't) but he didn't offer any explanation. The pain is getting worse with each attack *how can you really measure though!

Anyone else out there have throat or ear pain?

Anyone have anything to offer on getting pregnant with TN?

No comments: